Saturday, August 7, 2010

Luke, Bre, and Z

Everyone say it with me: "Blogs are fun!" I should know, this is the third blog I write on. (That wasn't bragging. It was just is me pointing out that I like to blog.  It's a disease...but a GOOD disease!)  ;o)

This is a good idea!  It's nice to be in all ya'll's biz-nizz...because I am nosey like that.

Luke: LOVES his job!  He is busy, busy, busy getting stuff done, and learning lots.
For the first little bit, Aslynn wasn't taking the change from "dad is home all the time" to "dad isn't home all day" very well.  She would wake up and go looking around the house for Luke calling "Dad?  DAD!" She's adjusting, though.  She knows the general time when Luke gets home and she makes sure to open the front door often and check outside to see if he is there. 
I guess I haven't been handling the "Luke is working" change too well either; I think he works too much.  I am very glad that he is happier, though.  Luke just always needs something to do to keep him busy and being a productive member of society.
Luke got called to be 1st counselor in Young Men's. He's liking it so far (because Luke is really 16 years old at heart).
He planted a garden and it is thriving.  I will do a post on the other blog about it soon WITH pictures.

Bre: I'm staying at home with Z and trying to get the hang of having nothing to do but clean the house (which doesn't happen).  I miss school and want to go back...but fist I have to figure out what I want to go back to school for. 
I've made a couple of friends here and it is nice to have someone to hang out with and have girl dates.

Z: Is the cutest thing in the whole world. 
She is picking up words like crazy! It's a good thing we don't have potty-mouths because she repeats what she hears.
She likes having play dates with her friend, Spencer.  She loves her cousins and her aunt Chelle; when I take her over there she walks into the house, turns around, waves at me and says "Bye, Mom!" and closes the door on me.  It makes me happy that she trusts other people, but at the same time it makes me sad because my baby is growing up and doesn't need me as much anymore.  I don't know what I am going to do when she leaves for college.

Us: Lately, as a family we've been enjoying picnics in the park, adventures in Palm Springs and hanging out with Michelle and the kiddos.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment