Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy New Year - Carport Concrete

Happy New Year! You know how I love concrete, so I thought I'd post an update on our carport project. I got to use my tractor a LOT (tractor is my other love, well besides Goodie and all you guys). I leveled it up (Luke & Doug helped) and set the forms. I got some monsterous light poles from work - 4x4 inch 22 feet long and Mom suggested that I use them for forms (she can be brilliant - that's why she's my project manager). Fortunately, we're to the point where we can let someone else do the extreme labor.


Forms set, yes that is FROST on the roof - it was 25 degrees. Fortunately, it became a nice day.



Another form shot. Note Christmas wreath. Is Christmas REALLY over?


6:58 Cement truck arrives. Usually where I get butterflies and diahrrea, but not today!

Starting the pour. Yep, Bill has a full face ski mask on.

Continued pour. From this point on, I know it would bore most people (I loved it) so we'll move to the finished product.


Bill Smith arrived at 6 am and left at 4:30 pm. Good days work & Goodie and I LOVE IT! No more twisted ankles and walking through dirt and mud. It's only taken 23 years.


We then had a wonderful Chrismas and a great trip to Bend to work on Kim & Drew's house. We had a blast. Let's make it a great year!




















































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment